So I’m hopping on the “Mentee Bio” train! Here’s some little tidbits you probably never thought you’d want to know about me.
1. I’m a mother to a 7 year old boy and a 5 year old girl.
2. I teach high school photography to mostly 17 year olds, which is fairly insane on some days, but gives me lots of writerly ideas. On most days I don’t feel that much older than them.
3. I have 2 dogs–both Labrador Retrievers. One is white, the other brown. The brown one is overweight, and looks a little like a seal. I’ve tried putting her on diets and excessive walking…now, I embrace her waddle walk.
4. I’ve written three books, not counting the last one that has been vastly rewritten several times. Each time, I get a little faster at finishing.
5. I love all things supernatural and paranormal. I read and write to escape…why would I read about real life? (I do. Just not extensively. I’m currently reading “Reconstructing Amelia,” by Kimberly McCreight and loving it.) But seriously, my favorite shows are Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Supernatural, and most recently Reign. Back in the day, I was a huge Buffy and Angel fan. I still have all the DVD’s and whenever I get sick, I pop them in the player and watch them in order.
6. My favorite coffee drink of all time is a Caramel Brulee Latte from Starbucks. It’s very sad that they only offer it for a few months a year.
7. I often have strange food cravings. When I was pregnant, I ate a hot dog every single day for 2 months. It’s disgusting, I know!
8. I chose ghosts for my paranormal world because of a song. “She Talks to Angels,” by the Black Crowes got me thinking about a girl who could see more than everyone else.
9. When I’m in a bad mood or have had an awful day, my husband puts on old episodes of Friends. Once I’m laughing all the bad stuff melts away.
10. I’m allergic to chocolate. I found out when I was 17ish and ate a candy bar. I had hives for two weeks. Last year, I felt the urge to test out my allergy a second time–you know, just in case I grew out of it. Nope, I’m still allergic. Not fun!
11. I can’t stand lying. If someone asks me a question, I will answer it. Sometimes I’ll warn the person first, but usually I will straight out tell them the truth. Everyone I know is good with this now and often comes to me when they want the truth.
12. I’m a Photoshopping wizard. Well, sort of. I do take hold of all the outgoing holiday photos and pretty them up before sending them out. My sister-in-laws love me for this.
Okay, that’s enough for now. Happy PitchWars!!
Interested in seeing more bios. Go here.